Question
Posted by: fin/ex | 2005/12/07

mama update<br>mama update

dearest CS and other friends
thank you for encouragement and support
my mom age d75 has had to undergo a blood transfusion for acute anemia. and i think also that she has hit a bit of a depression - this is never a good time of the year as it is when my sister died and my brother had a car accidnet that changed his life and our lives forever. it is also the birthday of her granddaughter, my brother's daughter, who died and i wonder if all the reminders didnt perhaps bring on depression and just brought her immune system etc down. i spoke to her briefly tonight and as always she is in high spirits ( i knpow just for me - she keeps saying "hey angel i'm hanging on till you get here coz we got ;lots of shoppping to do). . i have booked a flight to be with her in the next 10 days once i have finished a contract job here. i feel very very b;lessed to have a mother like mine. life hasnt always been easy and through no fault of hers i left home at 14 to stay with my brother who needed some support. i sometimes feel i missed out on the year si culd hav ehad with my mom but when i had a breakdown three years ago i eneded up spending a few months back at my childhood home and for the first time i actualoly realised just how privileged i was to have been blessed with such amazing parents. it's weird i thought they would live forever.
oops sorry i've veered off the track. i do believe that my mama is going to be fine. i do also believe that it is very much the positive chain reaction started by people like you and others in my life.
THANK YOU CS, thank you fellow scribes...and pleaze continue to keep her in your prayers and thoughts
x

Thanks for the update, fin/ex. Anemia can feel like depression, as it can cause some similar symptoms ; and of course it can occur along with Depression. Anniversary reactions to prior sad events can of course depress any of us, too, as you suggest. But it sounds as though she is now turning the corner, and it'll do you both a world of good to get back together again for a while

3
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/07

Fin/ex, I am so pleased that you have remained positive. With that attitude, all will be well. I will keep your mother and you in my thoughts. Go well.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/07

thanks for the feedback... sounds like your mom will be just fine... and am so glad that you will be seeing her soon!

Reply to ...
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/07

Hi Fin/ex,

Thanks so much for that feedback. So pleased your mum seems to be recovering. You are indeed blessed to still have a parent alive and whats more you realise the value now when she is still alive!

May you both be doubly blessed this season together!

Reply to Tango