Question
Posted by: LIEZLE | 2007/12/10

MALTESE PUPPY

MY PUPPY IS 14 WEEKS OLD TODAY. I FEED HER VET'S CHOICE HILL'S DRY PELLETS FOR PUPPYS, BUT WILL GIVE HER A SNACK SOMETIMES. HER POO WAS RUNNY ON SATURDAY AND SHE THROUGH UP THIS MORNING. IT WAS VERY VERY LITTLE, WATERY AND LIGHT BROWN IN COLOUR. I GAVE HER HALF A VIENNA LAST NIGHT. SHOULD I BE WORRIED OR IS IT JUST HER STOMACH?

If it settles soon then it was probably just something that did not agree with her. If it persists please have your vet examine her to rule out more serious condition.

3
Posted by: WR | 2007/12/10

Doesn't sound to bad - but if it happens again take her to the Vet. You say you feed her Vet's Choice Hill's.....? Do you mix teh 2 brands? If so, why?
Puppies (and most dogs) do sometimes get a bit of an upset stomach - as we humans do - and it is not always a serious bug - but becase puppies are so tiny (especially yours) I would take too many chances - If she is listless and her stool is still runny, rather take her to the Vet if you are not sure!

Good luck!

Reply to WR
Posted by: Sindi | 2007/12/10

These dogs (I have two. One is 10 years old, other is 12 weeks) have very very sensitive tummies. It is possible that the vienna may have made her feel a little ill. My puppy also sometimes 'tries' to throw up, but then nothing comes out. He also sometimes gets a runny tummy, but it is only that one time. The next time he goes it is normal again.

I would not be worried at this stage. If she continues to throw up then take her to the Vet, but just keep an eye on her for the moment. The Vienna is something new to her system and could have upset her just a little bit.

Good luck and enjoy your puppy. Is she also so extremely playful still? Mine is on turbo charge in the morning when we are getting ready for work. Hehehehehe

Reply to Sindi
Posted by: hey | 2007/12/10

Has she been for he vaccinations yet?
Has she been dewormed?
I would take her to the vet just to be sure.

Reply to hey