Question
Posted by: John | 2007/04/16

Male Thrush?

Hi Doctor, I was wondering if you could advise me ona rather embarresing matter. My penis has recently become exceptionally itchy and yesterday I noticed that the area just below the head was extremely swollen and red (possibly from me scratching it during the day), anyhow I was wondering what this could be? I have been fishing recently and was in wet clothes for quite long periods of time so my girlfriend said she thought it could be thrush, but I don't know. Any advise would be most welcome.
THanks

Dear John
Yes it sounds like thrush - try canesten vaginal cream on the area, but if it does not get better in a few days rather see your GP.