Question
Posted by: LEALEE | 2007/06/21

MALE SCHIZOS / EPILEPSIES/BIPOLARS

It makes me wonder - men taking meds for schizo, epilepsie or bipolar....Does this have effect on the fetus when he impregnates his wife.... or when she is pregnant already...

No. Some meds, such as some varieties of anti-cancer meds, can potentially affect a man's sperm, and hence potentially on the foetus, but most don't seem to. Or if there is any effect, it is sufficiently minor or rare not to have been noticed.
In general --- No man needs to worry that his medication will cause problems with a pregnancy, and that would include a guy on meds for schizo, epilepsy or bipolar disorder, and nomatter what he is taking, it could not influence the pregnancy if his wife is already pregnant.

1
Posted by: LEALEE | 2007/06/21

Thanks for your speedy reply...it has always been very worrying especially with my son being schizoaffective/ temporal lobe epileptic ffor 10 years and wanting a baby very badly. He is stable most of the time, never had seizures, just strange behaviour, paranoid / persucution etc now and again.. 34 years old its about time I became a grandmother for the first time.

Reply to LEALEE