Question
Posted by: Mic | 2011/02/07

male infertility

My gynae has put my hubby on nolvadex for 3 months after his sperm analysis test which were not tooo good at all.
I would like to know how can nolvadex assist and help in male infertility?

He is now going to visit a urologist as they suspect that he has a host of problems like low sperm count, morphology &  motility etc. I am so worried as i did not expect his test result to be so bad and he is now 34 years old. Can this problem be resolved, please help?

Dear Mic

The use of Nolvadex and similar agents has been shown to improve sperm quality and quantity in selected patients and it well worth an attempt to see if positive changes occur. The effects will be maximally noticed 2-3 months after starting the treatment. However in cases were the sperm morphology is severely effected it is highly unlikely that Nolvadex or similar drugs will significantly change this problem and it may be necessary to proceed to in-vitro fertilization.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/14

Dear Mic

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert