Question
Posted by: Cookie | 2004/11/16

male friends.....

Hi CS and all,

It's been a long while since I felt the need to post and ask advice. Hope things are going well with everybody. I have made two new male friends. Yup I know I wanted more but we spoke about that and seeing as they both are also currently getting out of previous relationships we decided that friendship is what will work. That's fine, what boggels me is why do I always end up as the "buddy" they are pretty decent guys and I have to give advice regarding the ex'es and I'm good enough to have around as company but why am I not content with that ?? I know that they and I are lonely and that as a friend I have a lot more liberties than a "partner" which I actually enjoy more.... *smile* I know that I wouldn't want it to change... we are like brother / sister almost I was just wondering why they phone me when they get drunk or get lonely and stuff like that.... surely they have other mates or other female friends ? Or why do they phone me ? Just wondering....

thanks for feedback, have a good one

Cookie

Hi cookie, Hey, you're a nice person, sympathetic, understanding and kindly --- who wouldn't want to ask you advice, as a buddy ? But be careful that this isn't ALL they want, in the sense both that they ought also to be interested in what you need and want, and in providing advice and support to you, and that the relationship shouldn't slip into a using / sefvicing arrangement to suit them rather than you.
Persist, though, in looking for the sort of longer-term and closer friend you're looking for.

4
Posted by: .. | 2004/11/16

Be careful, they are only after that which is named similar to your nick!!!

Reply to ..
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/11/16

Jip! I know the feeling... even at school I use to be everybody's "buddy" the guy i'd die for would wanna talk to me and then i get all excited and them it ends up him telling me about this girl he likes and how can he get closer to her.....

Cookie - who needs more friends ? Shees girl don't we have enough friends ?

Ek help nie eintlik nie - wou maar net sê ek verstaan en die 1 ou wat my bel as hy gesuip is soek altyd net een ding.... so ja be careful...

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/16

I don't understand the male species and how they think... if and when they think... but, I do hope that you find that special person who thinks of you as more than just a friend.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: pamela | 2004/11/16

Hi cookie, having male friends is good but there are dangers of finding yourself oneday with them in their beds, by the way you say they are two, be careful not to be used by either of them coz you say they phone when they are drunk or lonely.

maybe they want to see what kind of a person you really are in life.

be careful sister. noit to be used if want a relationship is either one of them must say so.

Reply to pamela