Question
Posted by: Misty | 2008/02/01

Male Cat going Crazy!

Hi, my male cat have been crying and meeuwing the whole time these last 2 weeks. I took a little abused kitten away from people and she is now a part of my family of 2 cats and 1 daschund puppy. The first few weeks my male cat didnt want to come into the house. After 2 weeks, he started playing with the little female kitten but now he keeps on "crying" the whole time. What is causing this? Is it because of the female cat that is now in the house?

Has he been neutered?

5
Posted by: Misty | 2008/02/04

Thank you so much for the advice and information. I will see what I can do.

Reply to Misty
Posted by: Blaah | 2008/02/04

neutering is whe you fix a male cat
it would be best to do it as soon as possible as male cats spray and the last thing you need is for him to go run abouts making babies with the neighbourhood kitties

fixing also helps with wondering

i think you have a pecking order problem at the moment
but they will sort each other out evntually
the fact that the kitten is whole and will soon be coming into season (depending but in about two months) might be the reason he is calling like that

the balance of the house has changed and some cats react differently to this

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Misty | 2008/02/04

It sounds a lot like "maaaaaa" like his calling. The kitten is not fixed yet, as I have just spayed my other female cat and it is very expensive. We haven't budget on another fury animal in our house. They do play together but it sounds more like fighting than anything else. THe kitten is now 3-4 months. I am actually Afrikaans, and I need to know what neutering is? Thank you for the advise.

Reply to Misty
Posted by: Carol | 2008/02/01

I have had two male cats that behave like this with kittens .... it seems to be some maternal thing in them ..odd I know ... but I have seen it.

AS Blaah says sort out the neutering and what not ....how old is the kitten ,.... ???

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Blaah | 2008/02/01

is your male neutered?
is he kitten fixed yet?

is he singing or calling ummmm how do i explain this
does he stop when you come to him or does he carry on?

if he isn't fixed get him fixed
there might be a queen in the neighbour hood in season and he is calling her
or there might be a new cat around that he is warning off

or this female you have brought home is going into season

maybe one of the other cat ladies will be of better help

Reply to Blaah