Question
Posted by: Just a girl-whos entirely fed up! | 2004/01/23

Male behaviour

Why oh why are men so damn confusing? When I tell my boyfriend about my problems he gets angry at me & he says its because he can't "solve them" & he can't help me in anyway so I must just not tell him. But I don't want him to solve them I just want him to listen & maybe make me a cup of tea of run me a bubble bath or just hold me & comfort me-thats all! (You know, like one of my female friends would do). The other reason I tell him these things is so he won't misinterpret my bad moods & think its his fault & get all sulky! Why are guys so competative? Why do they want to "solve" everything & win at everything & be better & "show" people-or teach them a lesson? Isn't this primative neanderthal behaviour? Should they have evolved by now?!?!

jagwefu, Hey, sometimes they even confuse themselves ; and they find women at least as confusing as you find them. Sounds like he feels frustrated because he doesn't really understand your problems, and feels awful because he can't do the White Knight thing and solve them --- have you explained that you don't expect him to solve your problems for you, but just to listen sympathetically, etc ?
And if evolution was all it's cracked up to be, even if men had remained neanderthal, women would have evolved to be able to fully understand them and manage them perfectly. Until then, we just have to rely on talking together, and spelling out what you want, making no assumptions that he'll take hints accurately.

3
Posted by: Doddy | 2004/01/23

Its not a man thing my darling, coz my man has all his ears open for me.

Sometimes ask yourself, how many times do u tell him about your problems, maybe all you talk about is your problems nothing else probarly he is starting to get bored. Tell your men problems that u think r worth listening to, then he will listen.

Reply to Doddy
Posted by: Storm | 2004/01/23

LOL, well not all males are like that. I know, I am one of them. I gove so much and I am then usually the one that gets misstreated.

Reply to Storm
Posted by: J | 2004/01/23

Its something to do with their testicals. ........ :)

Reply to J