Question
Posted by: Froggy | 2004/11/11

MALARIA MEDICATION

Recently got married and we want to get going on this family thing - but will be going to Mozambique in December and will be taking malaria medication in conjunction with an antibiotic (A combination sworn by by our specialist physician). So, falling pregnant in this time is a no no I take it - do I need to give it a break too once I have finished the malaria medication - I rather want to be safe than sorry - I have waited for so long to have a kiddo, don't want to take any chances!!! Please can you give me some clarity on this. And, can low iron levels affect falling preggie??

You are right, you should not fall pregnant while on the malaria medication.
Low iron should not affect conception unless the levels are extremely low.