Question
Posted by: GIG | 2003/01/24

MALARIA

HI DOC MY WIFE,5 YEAR OLD SON AND I WILL BE VISITING THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AND I WAS WONDERING IF WE'LL NEED (and what type) anti-malaria tablets.WE'LL BE STAYING FOR A WEEK AND MIGHT ALSO VISIT MAPUTO.I WILL AWAIT YOUR REPLY THANKS.

Gig, the best would be to take mefloquine (Laraim®, Mefliam®) if there are no cotra-indications. Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2003/01/26

It depends on what time of year you are travelling there. At the moment you probably do need to take anti-malaria pills. But if you were going after April, for example this risk is probably less. Ask your pharmacist he would also be able to tell you. (They have a far bigger knowledge of medical issues than a lot of people realise!)

Reply to anxious