Question
Posted by: friksy | 2003/01/13

Malaria

I was in mozambique in the last two weeks. I am now experiencing chills. feeling hot and cold and extremely exhausted. I feel like i am getting a cold. I went to our local clinic and tested for malaria but i was told i'm clear. I am still feeling sick, i did the test a week ago. Should i return and do another test. Does the malaria virus hide and miss it on the first test? how many test should i do, to know that i'm clear of malaria?

Friksy, your symptoms can definitely fit in with malaria. If I were you I would have a full blood count and malaria tests done a.s.a.p. Good luck.