Question
Posted by: Not hungry's boyfriend | 2004/10/19

Making yourself sick...??? NoT HuNgRy...???

Hi There Doctor

My girl like all the other girls want too loose some weight for the summer... The only bad thing about it is that she is putting her finger down her throught and vomiting after she has eaten... She does not do this often... I hope!! She bearly has an apetite anymore and eats basically once a day.

What is the consequinces of doing this? I have heard it can be quite bad! Is it addicive?

I want too give her some feedback (Received from you) that will freighten her and that will refrain her from doing this.

How can I make her stop?

Your views and feedback will be most apreciated on this subject!

Thank you! & Rgds
Frans

The following was posted by Cyber Doc

It’s important that you find a way to stop doing it because soon she won’t be able to stop. You will have to ask someone close to support her through this so that when she feels guilty about having eaten too much, she can talk to them. She can also direct the negative energy into something positive like exercise. In other words, if she feels like inducing vomiting she should rather go to the gym and swim the kilojoules off. You can also contact CyberShrink for his opinion. Good luck.

Date: 11/10/2004

I would really apreciate your help!

Thank you!

Well, Anonymous has obliged with a message that ought to be more than enopugh to worry your girl !
If you are a friend of hers, you need to discuss this with her parents, so that they get involved in finding solutions.
What might help most, apart from possibleyhaving her referred to see a psychiatrist with an interest in eating dosorders, would be the following. Talk it over with her, and take the issue of her desire to lose some weight seriously, making it clear that "of course" she'd want to do so safely and effectively, so she needs to see a dietician and get proper advice about eating well but on a balanced reducing diet, so she can lose weight, combined with an exercise program, and remain healthy.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2004/10/19

i used to do this also. also diet pills and 4 days fasts. I developed insulin reisistance and now my body Grabs hold of all the food i eat and stores it as fat because it isnt sure when its going to be fed again.

I still only eat once a day but if im hungry throught the day i will eat.

my blood sugar level is dangerously low and they say that if i pass out (from low blood sugar) i could die within 5 minutes.

Due to the insulin resistance i have put on weight on my tummy which i cannot loose no matter how many KMS i run or how much fruit and veggies i eat. The chances of me falling pregnant are lowered due to the insulin resistance (or so ive been told) my immune system is SHOT and every bug thats going i get. Im incredably pale and my hair and nails break very easily. If i get a cut it take weeks to heal completly. If i bump my self even slightly i get bruised. i get bruised if my BF hugs me to hard, i get bruised if my kitty jumps on me while i sleep. I even get bruised on the insides of my legs when we make love.

I am constantly tired and have no energy. I cant concentrate and i shake. I shake all the time.

DONT LET YOUR GIRLFRIEND END UP LIKE ME!