Question
Posted by: Nicks | 2003/01/20

Making large legs smaller...

Something that I can't quite figure out....I have big legs naturally. I think they're fat, but they are very strong, so probably quite muscular (somewhere in there). I want to tone and make them thinner but this is where I get confused - what is REALLY the best way? I spin about three times a week and do weight training on my legs once or twice a week. I don't seem to be getting anywhere and apparently I should be doing resistance training instead of weight training....is there anything that you could recommend?

Hi Nicks

Firstly, realise that genetics play a role here. If you genetically have a big build, you won't miraculously develop thin legs with exercise - so please have realistic expectations.

From an exercise point of view, your best bet, is to do a comprehensive programme that includes both cardio and weight training. Go to the home page and try either "Shape up for Summer" (home-based) or "War on Wobbles" (gym-based).

Good luck!