Question
Posted by: Me | 2005/12/01

making decisions

Hey Cs its me , changed my nic .

Since losing my dad last week , my hubs and i have really sat down and looked at our lives .... he works a 14 hour day for peanuts , im not happy in my job at all .... we both spend more time in traffic than with each other and its truly sad to think that for the benefit of living in a decent house in a city we have to pay thru our noses.

Anyhow because of his trade he is highly sought after and is often phoned for work , now most positions have better offers than where he is now , but with the same hours and traffic issues.

now a position has come up on a sugar farm outside stanger ....its isolated , 25 k's from the beach and 60 k's from durbs , ill never have to work again , but I can study and write the book I have always wanted to write , if i yearn for traffic we can always take a quick drive to durban. The house isnt so snazzy ... its a farm house , but its ok , the property is HUGE , my dogs and cats will have a ball , and there is a resident kitten needing a new home.

The estate is a conservation area by the looks of it with awesome birdlife and waterfalls and rivers , and safe too apparently no trouble at all in the last 15 years , but everyone is connected by readios and alarms etc.

Im just so scared of making the wrong decision..... im feeling exhausted lately , have been for ages ... mind , body and soul ... kaput is how I feel.

It bothers me that hubs works his behind off .. for what ??? so did my father and look where that got him.

This move will mean a total change of lifestyle for both of us ... BUT how do we decide if its the right thing , I know he is very very keen ....

Hello Me,
Sounds like an interesting possibility, C, so long as it is safe ( but then I suppose Durban isn't necessarily safe, anyhow ). Sit down together and make a list of the points for and against Going versus Staying, and see how they compare. Sounds like an opportunity for a peaceful lifestyle. What would happen to the children, there ? And I'd love, in due course, to read your book !

3
Posted by: me | 2005/12/01

Buzz which one ?? this is crookes Bros

Reply to me
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

Me, my husband does contract work for a sugarmill outside Stanger. He spends a lot of time there, and often comments on those people's quality of life. All I can tell you is that if we were offered this opportunity, we'd grab it with both hands.

You don't sound the type of person who will get bored, wanting to write a book! And like you said, you can always go to Durbs if you miss the bussle.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: me | 2005/12/01

k now im at work .... coming down edwin swales( those that know durbs will know what im talking about) has made my descion for me !!! to live like this is the pits....its the little things ... like seeing the amount of water wasted here while the country is gripped by a drought , getting onto these appalling busses and praying ill get to work in one piece ...... and a gazillion other things .....

Reply to me