Posted by: Just Saying! | 2013/02/07

Maintenance and sole custody question

I have a standing divorce order , my ex are suppose to pay school fees and medical aid, he refuses to pay maintenance for my daugther or school fees, he keeps on making excuses that he has a business and no money is coming in or he must first pay this or that account., he runs for everyting to attorneys.
What is my legal right regarding this I am struggling now since October, he was suppose to pay half of the registration money and he must pay half of the school fees, there is no medical aid and I am in the process of going on a medical aid, but I just can not afford the bill, he does not reply or get his fiance to phone me to explaine, I am sorry but she is not his laywer, any advise I am really financialy strapped because of this. I am paying everything out of my own pocket, He does not pay a thing, a hig school girl of 15 cost a lot of money, he is really something else, he does not pay maintenance for his other children to with his second ex wife. what is the process to get sole custody , he said he is going to write her off , he does not want to be seen as her dad any more.

please any advise will do, I am at wits end.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our users say:
Posted by: JM | 2013/02/12

Take your divorce order that states he has to pay these items to court, along with proof that you''ve paid it, and your childs birth certificate to your local maintenance court.

I''m afraid that is your last resort. Maintenance court is not pleasant, but at least they will look into matters and make a court ruling.

Reply to JM

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.