Question
Posted by: Slimbo | 2007/12/04

Maintaining

Thank you for all your wonderful advise on the forum!!!

I have lost 18kgs since the 1 September. I am 1.73m tall and currently weigh 74-75kgs. I went from a size 22 to a 14. I am feeling very comfortable at this weight eventhough I 'should' weigh about 70kgs. What I would like to know is what is the correct number of portions one should do to maintain your goal weight and not pick up again. I am now familiar with which foods are healthier, but not sure how much to eat once I am at goal to not pick up weight again. I only exersice formally 3 x a week.

Slimbo

Dear Slimbo
Thank You for your kind words, they makes my day! I am also glad that you have lost so much weight - 18 kg is a lot! You are a bright ***star***. When you reach your goal weight you will be so used to eating healthy, low-fat food that you won't really feel like eating greasy, fatty foods again. Basically you would eat slightly larger portions, but mainly of the foods with the lowest energy content, for example fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Also allow your body to guide you. If you feel a lack of energy or hunger pangs, then add an additional slice of low-GI bread or a portion of fat-free yoghurt to your daily intake. I believe that you have now reached the point where you understand the signals of your body and will react to them wisely.
Keep up the good work

3
Posted by: candy | 2008/04/25

My height is 1.72meters i weigh 50kg's and would like to put on weight and not loss weight. I have had two kids and lost all my weight within a week, and have struggled ever since then to pick up weight again please help!
kindly
candy

Reply to candy
Posted by: Slimbo | 2007/12/04

Dr Cohen's diet. 1personaldiet.com

Reply to Slimbo
Posted by: Louise | 2007/12/04

Hi Slimbo

How did you manage to lose so much weight in such little time?

Reply to Louise