Question
Posted by: priscilla | 2007/03/25

magnesium

What would cause my fasting bloods to show magnesium levels higher than normal? I thought magnesium was excreted when in excess. I do not have any stomach or bowel abnormalities and I am healthy in every way. I take Naturefresh calcium and magnesium powder at the recommended dosage every night as I am menopausal.

Dear Priscilla
Did you discuss this with the dr who sent you to have the tests done? if not, please do so as there may be some underlying problem that is causing you not to excrete excess magnesium (i.e. kidney problems). This is something you dr will have to address and also discuss the type of magnesium supplement you are taking and the dosage. It may be advisable for you to take calcium on its own instead.