Question
Posted by: Amazed | 2005/12/08

Madly in Love ? Hey Peter Pan, Anon, FIT, Frusty

I have read the article on Madly in love on this website, I also read some of the postings on 11111and am amazed at the amount of depth and passion involved when people talk about love. I was particularly struck by some postings of Peter Pan when he writes about people being afraid to get hurt and then staying in a comfort zone in their relationships, he goes further and says rather be in love for a few years in your life and feel it than not be in love at all during your whole life. I agree I think life is about quality and not quantity. Also amazed how people have spoken about different types of love and how a partner spends hours looking at his her partner when they sleep and how that gives them a great sense of joy and these are people that have been in relationships for a long time. Wow you guys really give us all omething to look forward to, it would be great to hear from you ? how do you manage to love the way you do whats te secret Peter Pan and co.

,,,,,

2
Posted by: Peter Pan | 2005/12/08

Amazed

There is no secret of why we love the way we do, whats important is that you have a choice if you want fear to rule your life that fear for getting hurt or you have the courage to pursue the love thats in your heart, most people have been conditioned by society to rationalise and settle for second best, only later to find out that they are still unhappy. To be able to love someone like a child has offcourse alot of stress involved but you will feel like you have never felt before, it gives new passion for living, it gives you a sense of purpose. Dug Hummershold who was Secretary General of the UN wrote in his memmoirs that his biggest regret was not being able to love one individual completely instead he gave so little to so many, he may have been UN SGeneral but he felt he achieved nothing, when true love knocks at your door take it you would have achieved something that many few achieve in life, the heroes of our day are not the successful business people or political figures its those who are able to give of themsleves completely to another (in true love you experience the essence of living). 5 years of true love is better than 50 years of comfort zone love!

Reply to Peter Pan
Posted by: ........ | 2005/12/08

I had the love once that you talk about, it changed my whole life, I was a different person, I would look at him or hours and hours, I felt so alive. After 2 years she left me, she she said that she was on the rebound when she entertered a relationship with me, she could never love me Like I loved here, she fell for another guy, I am still hurting today over this, but I would not have had it differently, every moment in that relationship was like heaven for me, I am not seeing anyone yet because no person can make me feel they way she did, I believe I will love again, but I wont settle for nothing less than the love that I had.

Reply to ........