Question
Posted by: Firefly | 2004/02/07

Macroscopic Description of Cancer Biopsy

In the conclusion of the description of the mass ( from my 19 yrs.old grandson) ... that the biopsy was done on...... My Daughter needs to know the explanation of certain terms in plain english if possible.........
1...[ MALIGNANT] PARAGANGLIOMA
2. NEUROENDOCRINE
3. .. RHABOOMYOSARCOMA

It would be greatly appreciated....... as there does not seem to be an Oncology section on this website...... Thankyou....

Expert ImageArchive

I need more information. Where is the mass? It seems to me that the above 1-3 was part of the differential diagnosis in other words possible diagnosis. Usually at this point further tests would be done to differentiate between the different possibilities. With the limited information given it seems to me that they think that it is a malignancy, the question being which type. Please feel free to ask more questions, but I would need more information.

3
Posted by: Firefly | 2004/05/30

The Mass is in the neck ... All is in the neck

Reply to Firefly
Posted by: Firefly | 2004/02/28

Please reply to my mail............. 16/02/2004

Reply to Firefly
Posted by: Firefly | 2004/02/16

Quote:....... exision biopsy of neck mass: The histological features on routine H&E sections inclued the following differential diagnoses: Rhabdomyosarcoma, Malignant papaganglioma and Haematolymphoid tumours with plasmablastic differentian. The immunohistochemiccccal profile failed to show lymphoid differentiation. Focal nonspecific. Neuroendocrine differentiation is present focally at the peripherry of sections, hence by the way of morphology on immunohistochemistry a malifnant papaganglioma remains of possibility. Ultrastructural examination is necessary to confirm this. Electron microscopy will be performed in th week ahead and a final diaanosis will be offered.".. Plain english please....... thank you

Reply to Firefly