Question
Posted by: michelle | 2008/01/04

m2f please help

since the onset of puberty ive been in constant battle with body and mind. For 20 years now ive cross dressed ( only time im emotionally happy)but always had to do it in private, hidden from the world. enough. i need help finding therapists and dr's in the cape town area to help me start my mental and physical transition. please help!!!

Expert ImageTransgender advisor

Michelle

Hi, here are the email details for 3 doctors based in Cape Town you can try contacting.

Dr Ronald Addinall (ronaddinall@vodamail.co.za)
Dr Charl Hatting (charl@discoverymail.co.za)
Dr Claire Rockliffe-Fidler (cgrf@telkomsa.net)

Transgender Advisor

7
Posted by: Cathy | 2008/03/09

Thanks Caroline
This I have sadly found out, I had just hoped that with all the great facial surgeons we have in this country at least one would be able to undertake this procedure !!! As I have been a patient of Dr.Torres of Gendercare for the past 2 years I do know of the international surgeons that do these facial procedures and will thus have it done elsewhere.
Many thanks
Cathy

Reply to Cathy
Posted by: Trans Woman | 2008/03/05

Xyz

The major difference with normal plastic surgery is that the doctor is taking already feminine facial features and just making them look younger.

When it comes to feminisation surgery it requires a good understanding of the differences between female and male features and how to change the male features to look female. This very often means lots of work on the jaw line and the eye brow bones and the nose.

Hope this helps a bit

Caroline

Reply to Trans Woman
Posted by: Trans Woman | 2008/03/05

Reply to Trans Woman
Posted by: Trans Woman | 2008/03/05

Cathy

I do not know of any plastic surgeons in South Africa who are experienced with facial feminization surgery. There are quite a few plastic surgeons who can do almost any procedure but it is quite a different thing when it comes to feminizing the male facial features. Many of the girls who want to have surgery go to doctors in the US, EU or Thailand.

Sorry I do not have better news for you but that is the state of the medical services available to us trans woman here in South Africa.

Caroline

Reply to Trans Woman
Posted by: xyz | 2008/03/05

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between feminazation and regular facial plastic surgery?

Reply to xyz
Posted by: Cathy | 2008/02/28

Looking for a facial surgeon – As I am now 50 something and have been on a HRT for the past 3 years as most woman of my age I need a little help with some facial surgery – nothing radical but to help with my feminization programme. Cape Town / Johannesburg area. I had a bad experience at a consultation with a facial surgeon recently. I am a patient of Dr.Torres at Gender Care. Hope that you can help.

Reply to Cathy
Posted by: Tina | 2008/01/08

Michelle,

Follow the link at WHO IS THE TG ADVISOR and go to the website GDX.

THey are based in CT and can assist you

Tina

Reply to Tina