Question
Posted by: waterblom | 2007/11/27

Lymphoma

Hi there,
I use to do Tai chi overseas and would really like to get back to it again. I did the Yang style.
My question is, I have lymhoma, although the last scan was clear, but will still have chemo for the next two years. I get tired very quickly, but feel the Tai Chi would be a good thing for my muscles. Would a teacher understand and cooperate when I need to take a few minutes break?. Overseas they aren't always that lenient.' Thanks. Wish I were nearer to you.

Expert ImageTai Chi expert

Hi Waterblom,

Thank you for your post. Excellent news about your last scan and good luck with your 2 years of treatment. I would say any Instructor who has a problem with you taking a break during class is not worth being an instrcutor in the first place. Email AIleen at aileen@sataichi.org and we can maybe help you with an instructor in your area. I will also be conducting a workshop in Johannesburg on the 26th Jan 2008. More details will be available on our site soon. Also take note that you are able to progress with your training at home via Instructional DVD's and our internet home training program. AIleen will be able to assist you will all of this.

Take Care and good luck !

Morne
www.sataichi.org

1
Posted by: Niki | 2008/01/26

Where are you, Waterblom? The Tai Chi school I attend in Centurion makes provision for various disabilities, and attends to the requirements of each individual student.

Reply to Niki