Question
Posted by: JJ | 2008/01/14

lymph nodes

I have been having a numb feeling on my left hand side of the face below the jaw. But my galnds are not swollen. its been a month having this feeling. Another thing is on the insde of my mouth(left hand s ide also) i have a dry feeling like I just had a cigerette, but i do not smoke. I'm beginning to have weird thoughts like It may be signs of hiv. what could be the cause?

Hallo JJ
Please let your doctor have a look - the dry feeling could be due to disease of the mucosa ( soft tissue inside your mouth) - infection or a condition called leucoplakia. The numb feeling usually is caused by a nerve compression or injury and should also be evaluated.