Question
Posted by: Esther | 2003/03/19

LUPUS with Sjogrens Disease (Eye treatment)

I would like to have laser treatment done to my eyes. I have Lupus for 29 years now and I also
have Sjogrens Disease. Would I be a suitable candidate? I am now 38 years old an have been wearing glasses since the age of 9. Contact lenses does not work too good, as my eyes are too dry and I constantly get infections. I hate my glasses!!!! If I do not qualify, what other options do I have?

Esther, I don’t think the diseases per se disqualify you – it all depends on what the problem is with your eyes. The best would be to see an eye specialist (ophthalmologist). Good luck.