Question
Posted by: Juanita van Loggerenberg | 2007/05/05

Lupus

I need information about Lupus. Newly diagnosed, and support groups in South Africa. please can you help me?

Dear Juanita
I am sorry to hear about your lupus. I do not have the names and addresses of lupus support groups in SA but you can try doing a Search on the SA Internet using 'Lupus Support Groups' as your search term. I have written some articles on this subject and you can access them by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then doing a Search with the term 'Lupus' to find articles including the ones on diet and lupus. If you require additional assistance with the diet, please consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that he/she can work out a specific diet prescription for your condition.