Question
Posted by: gmm | 2008/07/10

lung development prem baby

what are the chances of lungs being fully devoloped when born when 1 mth prem.... what other side effects are there to watch out for

Expert ImageArchive

Dear gmm
Depending on why the baby came too soon, the lungs may be well developed, but even full term babies sometimes struggle with breathing. Check for difficult breathing and wheezing. These babies usually also take a bit more effort until they feed effectively.
regards
Welma

1
Posted by: pasi | 2008/10/23

tru my baby was a month premature also,water blust off PROM.
and at the hospital they injected me with this madice that made his Lungs mature.But because of asthma history in our famalies DR warned us that 85% chance that he will hav asthma

6 months later his chest started to wizz a month later he was diagonosed with bronchitis.a month later he was admitted he had asthma and lung infection.

but he is fine now and he is 10 months and teethless....

dont worry we have best DR in the country..

Reply to pasi