Question
Posted by: Zelda Meyer | 2007/05/17

Lung cancer and arthiritis

Good day my mother was diagnosed with lungcancer last year and is curretnly on treatment. About 4 weeks ago she was operated on the ritght arm to remove the bone from the shoulder down to the elbow because the cancer has spread into the bone. Becasue of that she started to use the left arm over excessively and is in agony with pain (even more main then the right arm) because of arthirits. She does not eat well and therefor cannot use strong pain killers. Could you please help with ANYTHING tht will help to make her more comfortable? I have read about Dolorol Forte for pain, take Omega 3, Vit D etc. What will realy help. Will Flaxseed oil help? thank you.

Hallo Zelda
I know this sounds drastic but something like Tramadol would actually work well for her - ask your doctor to prescribe some for her? Boost her energy intake with something like Ensure or Nutramen-t if she can't eat ( or even Lucozade) The supplements won't make a difference at this point.