Question
Posted by: Mm | 2007/03/09

Lung Cancer

My Gran have been digosed with Lung Cancer altough the docter said that this is still in the first stages and they can remove it with surgery, I am still a bit worried, I have googled it and I just cannot find anywhere they say that surgery will be destoy the cancer, is this true or will you be able to give me a website where I can find more information regarding Lung Cancer.

Mm

Dear Mm
They can cut out lung cancer if it is in an early stage.
See http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/wyntk/lung

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/10

Sadly there is no cure for any form of cancer. One might sometimes be in remission from it for a few years, but more often than not, it always comes back in one fom or another. Anyone who, did in fact, find a definite cure for cancer would, I am sure, be a multi-billionaire. I know someone who died from breast cancer a few years ago. The physiotherapist our family used to go to for many, many years, who had a highly successful practice had to sell it recently because her breast cancer returned after being in remission for many years and she couldn't handle the work. I was at the Morningside Clinic on Mon this week for x-rays and bumped into a friend of my brother's mom. Her husband was there for x-rays, he developed lung cancer in August last year and had to have his lung drained.

Cancer is a horrendous, vicious disease which, sadly, no one has any control over. That is why I look with dismay at all these youngsters on the beach suntanning for hours on end with little or no sunblock (the proof - the lobster red skin they have). It's only 20 or so years down the line that they will notice the effects of possible skin cancer appearing and by then it might be too late. Not to mention the incredible increase of women who seem to be smoking! I wish they would put the proper ban of smoking in all public places that the government have been threatening to do for so many months! Smoking kills and that's all there is to it.

Reply to anxious