Question
Posted by: liesl | 2004/10/13

Lumpy swollen blue Vericose veins on ankle

Please advise, my vericose veins have got worse over the last few months and besides been overweight (have joined Weigh less). Whilst been pregnant they were incredibly sore, but now the one vein on my ankle has turned blue and lumpy. The other leg I am battling with fibromyglia pains due to my high stress level. Should I be concerned with the change of colour and shape of my veins or is it just old age?! I am 31 yrs and still breast feeding my 21 month old baby. Thanks!

Liesl, I doubt that it is due to old age. The best would be let your doctor have a look especially if it keeps on getting worse. If they start making clots or sores the best would be to see him ASAP. Good luck.