Question
Posted by: wobbly | 2004/11/03

lumpy inside... i know now

i posted something on my girlfriend finding a lump inside me and i took the advise of going to th quack but now i am very much PUZZLED...
he told me that i have warts but its strange because i havent been with a man for almost two years. whats even more frustrating is that i had gone to him in the beginning of the year but did not do an internal only blood tests and an outside scan. i have never had these lumps inside me until two months ago as i check regularly??? confussed i think???

Warts are due to the HPV virus. This can lie dormant for many years and only give rise to warts several years after it was picked up.

2
Posted by: wobbly | 2004/11/04

yes he did and DAMN expensive too!
well there has been an increase in stress which is expected this time of year but why now???
i try live a healthy life to avoid thing like this and i even do trampoline gymnastics and always active...

what are the chances of my girlfriend getting infected?
i ask because she is in a stressful line of work?

Reply to wobbly
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/04

Wobbly,

It is possible that you were infected with genital warts two years ago, but that it was dormant in your system until now. Maybe your immune system is compromised through stress or changes in your life and that this gave the germ causing the warts to become active.

Was the doc able to give some medication for it?

Reply to Golly