Posted by: Anon | 2011/04/15



Please can you help me. I frequently get lumps in between my leg and my private area. Its very painful and sometimes they get very big. 4 years ago I was admitted into hospital by my GP to have them surgerically drained. At the time it was as big as a golf ball.

Over the past couple of years I have many and they get so big that I have to visit the GP frequently to lance them to get some pain releif.

Lately, I''ve been getting them very often. One will go away (or pop on its own) and then the next one will appear a few days later. It is getting very uncomfortable and painful. What is the cause and how can I treat this?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

The cause of your chronic abscesses is usually due to a bacterial infection. Your doctor should put you on an extended course of antibiotics for at least a period of six months. Please ask your doctor to do an analysis (MC&S) of the wounds to determine the cause for the chronic infection.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: JAn | 2011/04/15

Its called Hidranitus Supiritiva

Google it there are alot of forums and discussion groups, i also suffer from time to time.

Unfortunately there is no know cure yet.

Good Luck

Reply to JAn

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.