Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2008/01/21

Lumps on feet

Good Morning Doc

I have for almost the three years now being battling with these painful lumps and bruises that appear only on my feet. I have been to many doctors and I just became a trial and error patient to them.

i get these red fine veins that come up on my feet. These are not painful........they just look ugly.....they disappear while I rest and reappear as soon as I am on my feet again. They are so fine........they look like a spiders web. I also sometimes get these dark bruises on the feet. It looks as if I have hurt myself that caused the bruise.. I am not sure what is causing these symptoms.

The only medication I take daily is Eltroxin for an under active thyroid. Could medication be causing this, organs problems, blood .........I am not sure what it is.

Could you assist?

Dear Sandy
I would have referred you to a Dermatologist for a biopsy when this comes out – it could be erythema nodosum, or an autoimmune disease .
See http://www.medicinenet.com/erythema_nodosum/article.htm