Question
Posted by: Worried | 2007/07/11

Lumps

Every few weeks I get a small (size of a pea) lump that appears in my armpit. You can't see it, it's under the skin, but you can feel it. Sometimes the lump is actually sore to touch.

Is this normal???? If not, what could be causing it?

Dear Worried
This is probably an infection or blockage in one of the sebaceous glands just under the skin in the armpit. You can ask your doctor to remove it or use bactroban ointment if it becomes red and sore. It is not dangerous but just uncomfortable. Any swollen glands that are deep under the skin in the armpit needs to be checked by a doctor