Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/22

Lump under skin

I have a lump underneath my skin on my shin which moves around when I touch it. Should I go to see a dermatologist or a normal GP and should I be concerned about it. It is not sore to the touch and has been there for about three months now.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hi there

Once again it is impossible to make an 'online' diagnosis, however the most likely diagnosis from your description would be a lipoma (fatty cyst). These are completely benign and rarely need to be removed unless they are cosmetically unattractive or interfere with clothing (bra straps, belts etc.).

Patients very often have multiple lipomas, so you may find more developing and vthey can become quite large.

Gettng a confirmed diagnosis is always a good thing and seeing your GP would be fine.



The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.