Posted by: Shelley | 2008/07/07

Lump under armpit


I have this lump under my armpit, that was identified as fatty lump, by doctors then

Sometimes its sore, and seems to get a little bigger as time goes by. Should i be worried or have it removed?

And how is it usually removed?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Shelley
They remove it by making a small cut in the skin - depending on how big it is it can be done under local or general anaesthetic. One just has to be sure that it is not a lymph gland or a gland of the breast but indeed just a fatty lump ( lipoma) which is normally not dangerous at all. A surgeon would be the right specialist to see.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sheridan | 2008/07/07


I had the same thing, until they said it was breast tissue, because we are mammals our breast tissue runs from our armpits to just above our navels, thats what the Dr. said.
However since they removed the lump, I havent had feeling towards the back of my arm, and I suggest you get a Dr, who has removed it successfully or else, you would be in the same situation like me.

All the best,

Reply to Sheridan

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.