Posted by: Shelley | 2008/07/07

Lump under armpit

I have this lump under my armpit, that was identified as fatty lump, by doctors then

Sometimes its sore, and seems to get a little bigger as time goes by. Should i be worried or have it removed?

And how is it usually removed?

Hi Shelley
They remove it by making a small cut in the skin - depending on how big it is it can be done under local or general anaesthetic. One just has to be sure that it is not a lymph gland or a gland of the breast but indeed just a fatty lump ( lipoma) which is normally not dangerous at all. A surgeon would be the right specialist to see.

Posted by: Sheridan | 2008/07/07

I had the same thing, until they said it was breast tissue, because we are mammals our breast tissue runs from our armpits to just above our navels, thats what the Dr. said.
However since they removed the lump, I havent had feeling towards the back of my arm, and I suggest you get a Dr, who has removed it successfully or else, you would be in the same situation like me.

All the best,

Reply to Sheridan