Posted by: Amy | 2012/01/15

Lump on shinbone

History: Fell on a brick when I was 7. I am now 24. Was not taken to doc, cos I could still walk. It was always just EXTREMELY sensitive on shinbone. I remember countless times when I would knock the leg by mistake, and I would sit and cry for a minute in excrutiating pain. spend the rest of my life making sure no one and nothing comes near this leg.

Present: I am 24 now, weighing 101kg but I am 1.67 in height. A lump developed. It grew over the years. Its very soft but you can see the buldge on my leg, and obviously very sensitive. My son is 15months old, and in the last 2 years, including pregnancy, my leg would occassionally pain at night without any injury or touching.

The last year I would have moments when I when I limp when I walk because of the pain.

A month ago I kept getting out of bath, and then extreme pain would occur and now eventually my leg just gave in. Cannot walk on it at all.

Went to public hospital, just sent me home with voltarens.

Went to specialist once off when I had money, and he said it looks like a lump with nerve endings that grew through it.

On xray bone seems fine. Took ultrasound, not a blood clot.

Now im bed ridden, cant use a wheelchair, or crutches cos if my leg is straight up in position, it feels like there is a person hanging and pulling on whatever is below the knee, just above lump. My lump is half way down my shinbone. And also seems like there might ne inflammation, cos the tissure around the lump and below my knee BURNS, feels likes someone is holding a lighter to my leg.

I have heard of Osgoods scatter disease? I have also heard of shibone splints?

I am clueless and helpless, cant use wheelchair or crutches, I use an old computer chair thats very low, that helps my leg be in a position similar to being in bed cos it seems like my legs weight is too heavy and on a waiting list at public hospital.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Amy,
It is vital you have a clear clinical diagnosis before ant treatment or advice can be given for your chronic condition. May I suggest you contact the medical team at the sports science institute, Cape Town. If this is not in your area they may be able to advise you who to contact locally.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.