Question
Posted by: Nose | 2004/01/06

Lump on Nose

I noticed a small lump on my nose a few months back-but didn't pay any attention to it- however it has really grown over the past two months and now is about five centimeters big- should I consult a plastic surgeon to remove it or could a normal GP perfom the procedure.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nose,

A normal GP could perform the procedure, however, remember that plastic surgeons perform procedures specifically with cosmetic results in mind - they know exactly what to do to minimise scarring - something GPs are not necessarily experienced in. This is on your face!