Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2005/07/14

lump in groin

My fiancee has a lump in his groin, i thought it could be a hernea. He complained about pain. He went to the doctor and is now on a stronger set of antibiotics and also had an anti-fungal medicine at his second visit. apparently there is nothing wrong with his urine sample. The doctor told him if the lump does not disappear on this treatment, he should go for blood tests and maybe a biopsy. What could this be? He says he does not have a lot of pain, only on treatment, it feels more like a overstretched mucsle. When having sex, he also complains about pain. Thanks

Concerned, how big is this lump? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.

1
Posted by: andy | 2005/07/28

I RECENTLY WENT TO THE COMPANY DOCTER COMPLAINING OF PAIN AND LUMPS IN GROIN, HE CHECKED FOR HERNIA AND ADVICED ME THAT NONE WAS PRESENT. HE SUGGESTED I HAD A PULLED LIGAMENT. AFTER TWO MORE WEEKS WITH THE SAME PAIN AND LUMPS I WENT TO OUR FAMILY DOCTOR WHO INFORMED ME THAT I PROBABLY HAD SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES AND WOULD NEED A BIOPSY. I IMMEDIATELY PANICED AND WENT ONLINE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION. AFTER ANOTHER WEEK OF BEING SCARED TO DEATH BY ALL THE HORROR STORIES I FOUND ON LINE. I WENT TO SEE A SPECIALIST. HE INFORMED ME MY LUMPS WERE NO WHERE NEAR MY LYMPH NODES AND CONCLUDED THAT I HAD PULLED A LIGAMENT OR AT WORST A MILD HERNIA THAT WAS NOT REALLY DETECTABLE, BUT NO WAY DID I NEED A BIOPSY. LONG STORY SHORT WAIT TILL YOU SEE A SPECIALIST IN THAT FEILD BEFORE YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS, AND DON'T READ THE INTERNET UNTIL THEN.

Reply to andy