Posted by: Brian | 2010/01/29


Dear Cyberdoc

I am 29 years old and in the past couple of days during self examination I have noticed a small lump in my right testicle. Its small and hard, I' d say 2mm or less in diameter. Its quite difficult to locate as it seems to be buried far back. Almost feels like its near some little tubes or something. (I' m guessing where the tubes leave the actual testicle). I have noticed a little bit or mild soreness in that testicle recently, and on further poking around trying to locate it to show my girlfriend it was quite painful (but that could just be cos its a sensitive general area). Other than that, no other symptoms (as listed on wikipedia anyway).

Is this something to worry about? I have previously had (years ago) what I think the doctor said was an epididymal cyst. should i see someone right away, or wait a few days to see if it goes away?

Thanks doctor.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


It is possible that you have a reoccurring epididymal cyst. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.