Posted by: Daisy | 2009/02/06


Good day Doctor, I hope you can help me with a very embarrassing issue. I am overweight –  have been for a few years.
I have a lump (very big –  maybe the size of a golf ball) on the lower right side of my tummy. At a doctor’ s visit some time ago the doctor just as if speaking to herself said it was a fat-lump. I was too embarrassed to ask.
It is very embarrassing, because when I sit there is this big bump on the one side of my tummy –  it looks abnormal and I can see people are starring at it.
What can be done about it? I know the only way is to loose weight, but I am struggling…  Is there anything else that will help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Daisy

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult a surgeon to have the lipoma removed. This is a very uncomplicated procedure.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.