Posted by: Maureen | 2006/04/19


HI Doc

I have discovered a lump on the inside of my embarressing! I was once tested for Herpes 2 (genital) and it was positive, this was about 10 years ago but I never had an outbreak. I have just one large lump on the inside of the vulva (part without hair) and I wondered...could this be herpes? Its saw to walk as its a bit swollen as well.

Also, I am meant to go for a urine test in 4 days time for migration purposes, will a herpes outbreak be picked up in urine test?

I feel too embarressed to go to a doctor...does one need a prescription for Zovirax tablets or shall I just the cream??
Thanks for helping with an embarressing problem!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Maureen
Relax it is probably not herpes but a swollen mucous gland - It is better to see a gyne or lady GP if you prefer as you may need antibiotics before it makes an abcess.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Maureen | 2006/04/20

Thanks guys. I rushed to the doctor this morning and he diagnosed a Bartholin Cyst which as become infected. Does this mean its an abcess or does it mean it might become an abcess? I am beside myself with worry! He has put me onto antibiotics which I started taking almost immediately! I have just read up on how painful the removal can be. I need to trust God's help for this challenge!!!!!

Reply to Maureen
Posted by: Anon | 2006/04/19

Is it painful, could be a sebaceous cyst. I have had a sebaceous cyst there before, very painful, my gynae drained it and checked it and it was totally harmless. Told me to use bactroban ointment. You should go visit your Dr though, if you are too embarrassed to visit a male Dr find a female one, there are many about. First you need a proper diagnoses before you can treat it. Good luck

Reply to Anon
Posted by: lou | 2006/04/19

It could be a blocked pore that is forming a pimple, or an abcess. If it is an abcess, you will need a doc to check it out so that it can be removed or give you antibiotics.
If its one of the above it wont be picked up in a urine test.

Reply to lou

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.