Posted by: Curious | 2008/08/26

Lubrication and sperm

We have been ttc for a while now, and I was wondering: We use Durex Cherry / Tingle for extra lubrication. Could these have influence on his sperm? Is it better to only use plain KY Jellie?

Dear Curious

It is highly likely that most lubricants will have an effect on the sperm so it is better that you avoid all lubricants at the time of intercourse if you are trying to fall pregnant.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

Posted by: Evash | 2008/08/29

I am using Pre-seed as a lubricant while TTC. I am using it for the first time this month. It is said to be sperm friendly. Though it is a bit pricey - R229 for 6 one time applications at Dischem.

Baby dust to you and me.............

Reply to Evash