Question
Posted by: Zazu | 2004/03/04

Lubrication

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now and we need to use lubrication. What I need to know is which would be best to use (i.e. which is not sperm toxic). I have KY Jelly and Replens but am unsure if I should be using something like this during intercourse. Also for 6 months I have had a regular period since leaving the pill but now in the last 3 months it has gone a bit haywire and I have an exceptionally heavy flow - any ideas?

KY jelly does interfere with sperm motility. I am not aware whether anything is known about the effects of Replens on sperm. If your periods are now irregular, it may mean that you are not ovulating. Try and keep an exact record of your cycle to see exactly how irregular your periods are. Periods are lighter on the Pill, so it is not unusual that they are now heavier.