Question
Posted by: carol | 2004/10/16

Loyalty , why ?

This is probably going to be my last chapter on the employers from the "other side" I actualy hope that someone at that blasted company gets to read this.

i was raised by a very loving strict father who instilled in me a sense of self discipline and responsibility as well as loyalty ... briefly on Friday i thought to hell with it .. then I stopped myself.

By Friday I still hadnt heard from the JHB bosses .. not how are u ... how is the new lady coming along ... sweet buggerall .... by 12.30pm just before i nrmaly leave for the day i still hadnt heard a word ..I had left messages on the answering machine ...I honestly thought that at least the woman I worked for would phone and say goodbye .... she never bothered .

Our manager here wanted to buy cake and what not and a gift for me for going but he goes to the bank to draw petty cash and there are no funds !!!!! The expression on his face wasnt funny ..I think this poor man must have felt like the biggest twit in town ...
hubs and i said to him dont hassle its hubs birthday tomorrow we will go buy cake which we did .. and he gave me a lovely send off ... the african staff were quite teary to see me go ....

Im hurt tho .. but getting over it very fast ... I have a terrific reference from our manager and the big bosses can go to flippin blazes ... not even a thank u ...and after what i did for this company !!!!

The poor woman that has taken my place has all my sympathies

Can't help feeling sorry for your local boss's embarrasment, can you ? And for the woman who has taken your place. I always feel it's a far greater tribute to anyone, on leaving a job, when the colleagues and littler people regret it and express their regret that you're going, rather than anything the Big Wigs might do. And fine to gtet a good reference. Birthday greetings to your husband, and good luck in your new ventures.