Posted by: Emma | 2003/03/08

Lower right abdominal pain

I have had a sudden acute pain in the loer right side of my abdomen over the last couple of days, its not intense and goes away quite quickly but it still concerns me. I have also noticed blood on the toilet paper quite a few times after I have passed a bowel movement. I have been refered to a gynocoligist in june because I have tried to get pregnant unsuccessfully for a year now.But should I consult my doctor straight away about the pain Ive experienced? Yours sincerly emma

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

This does not sound like a gynae problem, but rather somehting related to your bowel. If you have passed blood, you should see your doctor straight away. Your best bet would be to consult your GP.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: CL | 2003/03/10

I suggest you see you GP right away. I had the same a year ago. I was also trying to conceive, when I eventually did go to the Dr I discovered I was 8 weeks pregnant but it was ectopic (in my fallopian tube) and the baby and tube had to be removed. Please gp today!!!!!!

Reply to CL

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.