Question
Posted by: MARY BROWN | 2008/08/12

Lower Limb Pain

I am a healthy 63 year old female - no blood pressure or cholestrol problems - I do not take estrogen I am woken up nearly every morning round about 4/5 a.m. with pains in my lower limbs. The only relief for this is by getting up and walking around for a while. It is difficult for me to get back to sleep after this. I exercise 3/4 times a week and am not overweight. I take multivitamins, etc.
What could be the cause of this? Could it be too much calcium intake. I take 2 Calcitrate daily.
Thanks for your help

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Mary Brown, thank you for the question.

Could you please submit your question to the Cyberdoc who you will find on the panel of experts on the health24.com web page. She is the medical expert and will answer your question more appropriately. There are a number of possibilities for the pain you are experiencing such as circulation problems, restless leg syndrome, arthritis, etc. Unfortunately, you have posted your question on the anti-ageing forum, so your best approach would be to re-submit directly to the Cyberdoc.