Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2007/05/24

Lower Grade Jaw Bone Infection

A while back I was diagnosed with a lower-grade jaw bone infection (caused by an ill-fitting crown). It seemed to get better so I did not take antibiotics. This was about three months ago. Recently I've experienced a litte bit of pain, so I filled the antibiotic prescription (Maxcil). I'm a little bit worried, I know I should have taken the antibiotics earlier. Will the antibiotics help this infection? Can it be dangerous? I don't battle to eat or anyting, just slightly tender and achy. Please help.

Dear Lauren
Just please go back to your Dentist after completing the antibiotics to ensure that the infection is cleared up - one does not want a chronic bone infection in the jaw!