Question
Posted by: Lower chest | 2004/02/15

Lower chest discomfort

About two weeks ago I was helping somebody to move from one house to another. Obviously we had to pick up some heavy stuff aswelll. Since then I have a problem. Every day in the early hours of the morning, I get woken by this discomfort feeling in my lower chest. It is not a pain, but as I said more like a discomfort. I can feel it more in the front part of my body, but left and right hand sides and about four to five inches below my breasts. Or just below my shoulder-blades. This is the best how I can describe the position.

If I then get out of bed, let’s say after about twenty minutes, this feeling is gone and I feel basically normal. I can go and sit on a chair after I got out of bed and immediately there is an improvement. Yesterday when I was busy with the lawn mower, the feeling was there only when I have to bent, but it’s not even worth mentioning.

LC, it sounds like muscle spasm or inflammation from this side of the screen. If it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this reply, the best would be to take an anti-inflammatory like Voltaren® or Brufen® three times a day for two to three days. If it doesn’t clear up after three days, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.