Posted by: Amy | 2008/06/16

Lower back pain with burning snsation

I hane a intense pain on the right lower side of my back. It feels like a burning sensation about five cm from the lower spine. Do I have to see a doctor or visit a physiotherapist?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Amy
I think you should first see your doctor as you will probably need a prescription too - he can refer you to a physio if needed. May be a pinched nerve or pulled muscle.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/18

You need to go to your gp asap - you are showing symptoms of a possible kidney infection and need to have an MC&S urine and possibly an FBC blood test. Burning urine is also a sure sign of a UTI or kidney infection. It is important that you have your urine sample sent to the lab as this involves more accurate testing and the lab can then inform your doctor which antibiotifs are resistant/sensitivie to your type of infection if the result is in fact positive. They culture the sample and therefore are easily able to tell if infection is in fact present. Untreated kidney infections can become serious and you can end up in hospital and you symptoms will ultimately get worse if you leave it, ie you could also start having vomiting and develop a high fever, which is a sure sign your condition is rapidly deteriorating and only antibiotic treatment will fix this, and if you get to this stage you could well have to have iv antibiotic treatment to fix it before it gets even more complicated. In other words go to a doctor asap before you end up in hospital.

I have chronic kidney problems and have ended up in hospital for a couple of my infections so I know all about them. Dont leave it go to a doctor soon.

MC&S = microscopy, culture & sensitisvity
FBC = full blood count

Reply to anxious
Posted by: ANON | 2008/06/17

You sound like you have a bladder or kidney infection. I would suggest you see a GP.

Reply to ANON

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.