Question
Posted by: Kenneth | 2007/02/27

Lower Back pain near the belt line

I have a pain in my lower back, near or just above my belt line. it is particularly painful when i stand up or sit down, as well as if i turn my body. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Hi Kenneth
A pain that is position related is usually of muscle or joint origin. Could be a back muscle spasm. Try putting heat packs on, take a muscle relaxant or anti-inflammatory tablet like Adcodol plus Brufen or Neurofen if you are not allergic to any medication. If it does not get better, let your GP see if you need to see a physiotherapist.