Question
Posted by: Gogga | 2006/07/19

Lower back pain during early pregnancy

Dear Doc, I am so excited!!!! It took me 11 months to fall pregnant again after my miscarriage. Did a test this morning after being one week late with my cycle & the 2nd stripe appeared almost immediately. However, I have extreme lower back pain (feels like a muscle that's cought). I am in tremendous pain & can't sit, stand or walk for a long time. Even sleeping at night causes discomfort. Is there anything that I can do to relieve the pain & is lower back pain normal at such an early stage in pregnancy?

I agree with your doctor though stress can certainly contribute.

3
Posted by: Gogga | 2006/07/21

Visited my GP yesterday to confirm with blood test! It is positive, 3-4 weeks. She says that if I am a person that usually experience lower back pain during menstrual periods it is possible that I may suffer of this back pain throughout my pregnancy. She said that there is however inflammation in the muscle tissue, but I think that this was caused by stress. I am under alot of financial stress lately. What do you think gynae?

Reply to Gogga
Posted by: Me | 2006/07/20

Hi there - i would not worry too much, same with me and today I am 17 wks preggies and all fine.
But you have to go and see gynea just for a general check-up!

Reply to Me
Posted by: Hi | 2006/07/19

Iam not a gYnae doc but I have come across few articles that mentions that it is a sign of ectopisc pregnancy or miscarriage if it happens at ealry stage of pregnancy. Iam sorry if I have given you a freight but I suggest you go to the doctor before it is toolate.

Reply to Hi